Deleting Google Chrome’s Browsing History
1. Launch Google Chrome.
2. Go to the upper-right portion of the browser, then click the menu icon. It should look like three vertically aligned dots.
3. From the list, select History.
4. Click History (Ctrl+H).
5. Go to the options on the left pane, then click Clear Browsing Data.
You should see a box which will ask you how far back you want to remove from your browsing history.
6. If you want to start a clean slate and get rid of everything, we suggest that you click all the options, including cookies, site data, cached images, and cached files.
7. Once you’ve made your selection, click Clear Data. Doing so will remove all your previous searches.
8. Now, you may want to keep Google Chrome from automatically completing your searches in the future. To do that, you need to click the three-dotted menu icon, then select Settings from the options.
9. On the Settings page, click Sync and Google Services.
10. Scroll down until you get to the Other Google Services section.
11. Look for the ‘Autocomplete searches and URLs’ option, then toggle its switch to Off.
12. If you want to delete your mobile history, tap the three-dotted menu. Select History, then Clear Browsing Data, and finally, tap Clear Data.
Deleting Firefox’s Browsing History
1. Open Mozilla Firefox.
2. Click the menu icon at the top-right portion of the browser. It should look like three horizontal lines on top of each other.
3. Follow this path:
4. Library ->History ->View History Sidebar
5. On the History sidebar on the left, you will see options ranging from ‘Today’ to ‘Older than 6 Months.’
6. Right-click your preferred time range, then click Delete.
7. If you’re using a mobile device, you need to tap the three-bar menu icon you’ll find on the top-right corner of Firefox.
8. Select Settings, then tap Search.
9. Scroll down until you get to the ‘Show search history’ option.
10. Select the option, then tap Delete.
Deleting Microsoft Edge’s Browsing History
1. Launch Microsoft Edge.
2. Go to the top-right portion of the browser, then click the three-dotted menu icon.
3. Select History from the options.
4. Click Clear History.
5. On the next tab, select all the options you want to delete.
6. Click Clear to remove your browsing data.
Deleting Safari’s Browsing History (Desktop)
1. Open Safari, then click the menu.
2. Go to the History tab.
3. Click Clear History, then select Website Data.
4. On the drop-down menu, you will see different timeframe options. We recommend that you select All History.
5. Click Clear History to complete the process.
Deleting Safari’s Browsing History (Mobile)
1. On the home screen, tap the Settings icon.
2. Scroll down until you get to the Safari section,
3. Tap the Clear History and Website Data options.
Note: Do note that these steps will remove all of your browsing data, including the stored cookies.
How to Clear Your Google Search History
Now, if you want to get rid of your search activities on the Google.com, Google Maps, YouTube, and other Google products, you can follow the instructions below:
For Your PC
1. Use your preferred web browser to access your Google account. You can paste the following address to the URL bar:
2. On the left-pane menu, click Data & Personalization.
3. Go to the Activity and Timeline section, then click My Activity.
4. On the left-pane menu, click the ‘Delete activity by’ option.
5. Click All Time, then select the services to delete your activity from.
6. Click Next, then on the next page, click Delete.
For Your Android Smartphone or Tablet
1. Tap the Settings icon on your device’s home screen.
2. Scroll down until you get to the Google section.
3. Tap the Google icon, then click Manage Your Google Account.
4. Select Manage Your Data & Personalization.
5. Go to the Activity and Timeline section, then tap My Activity.
6. Click the three-dotted icon beside the search bar, then select Delete Activity By from the context menu.
7. Choose the date or time you wish to remove, then click Delete.
For Your Apple Devices
1. Open your web browser, then paste the following address inside the URL bar:
2. Tap Menu, then select Settings.
3. Choose your account, then tap Manage Your Google Account.
4. Click Data & Personalization at the top.
5. Go to Activity and Timeline, then tap My Activity.
6. On the top-right corner of the page, you will see a three-dotted icon. Click it, then tap Delete Activity By.
7. Choose the date or time you wish to clear, then tap Delete.
Once you’ve removed your browsing history, all traces of where you’ve been on the Internet will be deleted. You will also notice that the frequently visited sites on your browser’s homepage will be gone. Despite that, knowing how to clear your browsing data will make a significant difference n helping you maintain your sense of privacy.