How to Delete Snapchat Messages
You can now delete a single message even before the other party views it. This guide is also applicable to how to delete Snapchat chats.
To delete messages and chats, you’ll need to
1. open your Snapchat app,
2. swipe right (across your screen) to visit the Friends page,
3. choose the Chat column,
4. locate the message you want to delete,
5. tap the message and hold it (a menu will appear), and
6. tap “Delete,” then “Delete Chat”.
That is all you have to do, and you’re done with that part. This process works for both one-on-one chats and group chats.
When the message is deleted, the other user or users will not be able to see it. However, they will see a notice that you have deleted it. Snapchat warns that this process might not always work. For instance, it may fail if one uses an old version of Snapchat or has a bad internet connection.
If you don’t want anyone to notice you deleted a line of text, you can decide to delete the conversation.
How to Clear or Delete Snapchat Chats and Conversations
To clear a chat or a conversation from the Friends screen:
1. On your profile screen, tap the ⚙️ button to open Settings.
2. Scroll down, then tap ‘Clear Conversations.’
3. Tap the’✖️’ button next to a name to clear the conversation.
It is important to note that deleting or clearing a conversation will not delete any saved or sent content.
Snapchat Privacy Issues
Now you know how to delete Snapchat messages. This is a decent privacy mechanism that gives users more control of their data; for instance, this may help if you sent a message mistakenly or you want to delete a message that you don’t want someone else to see.
Furthermore, there have been some privacy concerns with Snapchat. You need to be aware of the risks and limitations of using Snapchat to be able to safeguard your privacy. The following are tips to protect your privacy while using Snapchat:
Review your privacy settings on Snapchat and ensure that you protect your information on the app.
- Limit the amount of personal information you share online, including on social media.
- Reveal only the information you are comfortable with being public.
- Ensure that your location sharing on Snapchat is turned off.
- Ensure you only share what you want to share and choose with whom you want to share it in the privacy settings.
Even if you are very careful about what you share on Snapchat, you could be sharing more than you realize online. The following are tips for protecting your privacy outside of Snapchat:
- Use the service of a quality VPN to keep your information anonymous online and protect your sensitive information.
- Browse in private or incognito mode.
- Avoid clicking on pop-up ads and malicious links, for example links on spam emails.
- Use quality antivirus software to protect your device from people trying to hack it.
We hope this article has been insightful to you. If you have any other issues with deleting your Snapchat messages, alert us through the comments section.