3 Ways to Send Messages Anonymously
Sending a message to someone is simple. Just draft your text, type in the number or email address of the recipient, and then hit Send. Sending an anonymous message, on the other hand, is a bit tricky yet doable. You can send anonymous messages to other people without letting them know your identity, and there are basically 3 methods of doing this.
Method 1: How to Send Anonymous Text Messages via Email
Most carriers allow their subscribers to send anonymous text messages to other contacts using an email account. The trick here is to use a dummy email account that can’t be linked back to you. Don’t use any identifiable information when signing up for your dummy email. To make sure that your email is completely untraceable, use a reliable VPN when creating your dummy account so that the email service provider won’t be able to associate your real IP address with the new email account you are creating.
To send an anonymous text message, you need to know what carrier the recipient uses; then use the guide below to send an SMS or MMS message using your phone:
To text an AT&T subscriber, draft your message and use any the following addresses depending on what you want to send:
- SMS: (10digitphonenumber)@txt.att.net
- MMS: (10digitphonenumber)@mms.att.net
To text a Metro PCS subscriber, draft your message and send it to this address:
- SMS/MMS: (10digitphonenumber)@mymetropcs.com
To text a Sprint subscriber, draft your message and use any the following addresses depending on what you want to send:
- SMS: (10digitphonenumber)@messaging.sprintpcs.com
- MMS: (10digitphonenumber)@pm.sprint.com
To text a T-Mobile subscriber, draft your message and send it to this address:
- SMS/MMS: (10digitphonenumber)@tmomail.net
To text a Verizon Wireless subscriber, draft your message and use any the following addresses depending on what you want to send:
- SMS: (10digitphonenumber)@vtext.com
- MMS: (10digitphonenumber)@vzwpix.com
Don’t forget to replace (10digitphonenumber) with the number of the recipient. For example, you can send an SMS message to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Method 2: How to Send Anonymous Text Messages via Messaging Websites
Another way of sending anonymous text messages is by using free texting websites. There are two types of texting websites: those that require you to sign up and those that do not require you to have an account with them. For instance, Sharpmail is part of the first group because it requires users to sign up with a username and password. The advantage of creating an account is that you can check your messages anytime you want to, even after restarting your computer.
However, if you want to send a one-off anonymous text message, you can use a free texting website that does not require setting up an account. Some of the services that belong to this category include Seasms, TextEm, and TextForFree. However, websites that don’t require you to sign up are usually more dangerous because most of them collect your information.
Method 3: How to Send Anonymous Text Messages Using Apps
This private texting app for Android lets you send messages without divulging your identity.
ImNot.Me is completely anonymous, and you can send messages to users from any country around the world. If you don’t want to send your message immediately, you can schedule it to be sent at your preferred date and time. You’ll get a delivery receipt when the message has been delivered.
- You can access your phone contacts easily when sending messages.
- You get notified when your message has been delivered.
- The service is completely private and confidential.
- You only get 5 free credits when you install the app. After that, you’ll need to buy credits to send anonymous messages.
- This app is compatible with Android devices only.
Signal is a free privacy-centric messaging app that uses end-to-end encryption to keep your conversations secure. It also allows you to send secret messages to individuals and groups. Aside from sending plain text messages, you can also share media, make calls, and send other files as an attachment. One of its cool features is the self-destruct mode, wherein your messages automatically disappear after some time.
- Signal is completely secure.
- It is open-source and free.
- There are no ads or trackers.
- It is used by Edward Snowden.
- You need to register using your mobile number to be able to send messages.
This anonymous texting app lets you send SMS messages without revealing your phone number and identity. You don’t need a SIM card to use the Smiley Private Texting app, and you don’t need to sign up for an account. Just install the app and enter the number you want to send an anonymous message to.
- You can send as many text messages as you want.
- The app is available on Google Play and the App Store.
- When you install the app, you only get a one-week trial, and when it expires, you need to pay a subscription fee.
6 Best Anonymous Messaging Services You Should Know
There are quite a number of apps and web services that you can use to send anonymous SMS messages to any number anywhere in the world. Here are the top seven anonymous messaging services you can choose from and how they work:
One of the most popular websites you can use for anonymous texting is SendAnonymousSMS. You can send anonymous text messages from your computer for free. The website is simple and user-friendly, and it has an easy-to-navigate interface. It is one of the largest free texting services as it delivers more than 100,000 anonymous text messages every single day. You can send messages to almost anyone in the world. All you need to do is choose the recipient’s country of residence, type in the recipient’s number, draft your text message, solve the captcha, and then hit Send.
- The website’s interface is clean, simple, and easy to use.
- You can spoof the sender’s number for anonymity.
- You can choose your preferred location, which hides your real location.
- You can send anonymous emails.
- The website relies on ads to generate income.
- The website is not liable for the messages that you send.
- It tracks your details, including your IP address, and monitors all your activities.
If you want to send anonymous messages without needing to register an account, Textem is one of the best options out there. Since its launch in 2006, this free messaging website has sent millions of free texts from users all over the world. What’s unique about this service is that you can choose a US network carrier and send unlimited text messages to any mobile number without revealing your identity. Unlike other sites that only allow plain text messages, Textem is capable of sending text messages with pictures.
- The service is simple and easy to use.
- Users can block numbers that send unwanted text messages.
- You can send unlimited messages with unlimited characters.
- It has MMS support.
- You can only send free anonymous messages to the customers of US mobile carriers.
- You need to indicate the mobile carrier of the recipient to send an anonymous message.
TextForFree is a great anonymous texting service that you can use to send anonymous text messages to almost any number in the United States. When you visit the website, the form for sending a message is already there, and you just need to fill out every field to send your message. The website claims that it will never share the user’s phone number and promises to never send users unwanted text messages.
- The service allows you to send 100% anonymous text messages for free.
- It supports all SMS providers.
- It provides clear, step-by-step instructions on how to send text messages.
- Users can only send messages to phone numbers in the US.
- Messages have a 140-character limit.
- You can only send messages in plain text format.
Sending anonymous text messages from different numbers has never been easier. With Anonymous text, you can send an anonymous text message to any mobile number across the globe without having to register. Just select your preferred sender from a list of available numbers, enter the recipient’s number (including the international access code) and then send your SMS or MMS message. You can even schedule your messages for extra dramatic effect. You can send anonymous messages of up to 160 characters, and you can add photos, videos, audio, and even files.
- You can track the delivery of your messages in real time.
- The service works with all mobile carriers in most countries.
- The website claims that no information is shared and your privacy is guaranteed.
- You can schedule your messages to be sent at a later time or date.
- You can send unlimited messages and even use emoji.
- You can also use the service’s anonymous UK texting service.
- Messages are not free to send. You need to pay $1.49 to send a message and another $0.50 for extra characters if you are above the 160-character limit.
Seasms is another great option for those wanting to send anonymous text messages. You don’t need to register to be able to use this free anonymous text message service, and you can send photos, audio files, videos, and documents along with your text. The only catch is that messages are limited to 160 characters.
- You can send SMS or MMS messages to multiple phone numbers simultaneously.
- It provides delivery reports so you can keep track of your messages.
- You can send different texts to different contacts.
- You can display your registered business name when sending anonymous messages.
- SeaSMS automatically splits long messages into multiple smaller ones to fit the requirements of the recipient’s carrier.
Sharpmail is great not only for sending anonymous text messages to any international number but also for sending anonymous emails. It assigns you a fake number with a personal SMS outbox and address book. You can send messages instantly or schedule them for delayed sending. The best thing is, Sharpmail doesn’t throw any pesky ads to distract you from composing your message.
- You get a fake number that you can use to send anonymous text messages and receive free replies.
- Schedule text messages to be delivered at the time and date you specify.
- You can send an anonymous SMS message of up to 160 words.
- You can send anonymous emails and generate disposable email addresses after registration.
- You are required to create an account and log in to be able to send an anonymous text message.
- You need to buy credits to send out messages.
Security Tips When Using Anonymous Messaging Services
Hiding your identity and location is crucial when using messaging services to send anonymous text messages to other people. You may want to avoid any information leakages that will allow the recipient to know that the message was sent by you.
So when using these services, you need to ensure that your information is safe by following the tips below:
- Only use trusted websites. Some websites, especially those that are free, may not hide your IP address or personal information.
- Use a VPN to hide your real IP and location. Some websites store your information, which is either for monitoring or legal purposes. Even those that claim that they do not share your information may be collecting data behind your back. To avoid being tracked and to prevent websites and authorities from tracing your messages back to you, you need to keep your IP address hidden by using a reliable VPN.
- Always visit the HTTPS version of a website. HTTPS websites have more security layers than their HTTP counterparts.
There are many ways you can send private and anonymous messages to any phone number in any country across the globe. You can use apps, templates provided by your carrier, or messaging apps, such as the ones listed above, to send messages to anyone without giving away your identity. However, you need to make sure that you are completely anonymous when using these services because your messages can be traced back to you via your IP address. Check out our internet privacy tips to learn more about how you can be completely anonymous when using the internet.